Fraud on credit card from somebody I know?

My ex boyfriend got hold of my credit card back in June last year and spend $9000. I blocked my CC, paid off all charges and believed he will pay me back as he promised. It never happened. It is probably too late to dispute the charges. What is my option? I just had to block another CC, for the same reason, but charges are not as high fortunately.

Your only recourse is to sue him.

You believed he'd pay you back 9 grand? Time for a new boyfriend and a call to the police.

• Eva

It is too late to dispute it, but you can take him to court. If he was not an authorized user, you could bring criminal charges against him.

You will likely never see that money again.

You need to sue him now, to preserve your rights.   If you wait too long, you will lose the opportunity, and then he won't pay you back because he knows he won't have to.  I hope you had the sense to file a police report on him.  If you didn't, then it pretty much didn't happen.

i wouldve told the police about it

• NA

Did you get a repayment plan in writing?  If yes, you can sue.

If no, you are stuck with him claiming it was a gift.

Way too late to dispute.  Sorry, you are stuck with trying to get your money out of him by other means.