Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Why does deranged left talk about "Cultural Appropriation" when Broadway hit show, Hamilton, is Black people appropriating White history?

So, Cultural Appropriation is only about White people wearing dregs?

It's all a pile of utter leftist BullShlt - Just another way to the diss Whites

Update:

CORRECTION: Dreads

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favourite answer

Culture is something to be shared. This is something that leftists have never really understood. Even worse, they NEVER get upset when so-called cultural appropriation happens in reverse. The same person who'd chew me out if I grew dreadlocks is the same person who'd defend a black man who got a Celtic tattoo. And as we can see even right now, those people explode each time a white person plays a traditionally ethnic role, but they're defending a remake of the Little Mermaid using a black cast. Hypocritical much?

And if you know anything about me, you probably know that I'm a left-leaning Democrat, so I feel all the more justified to point out how stupid this all is.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

what you call "deranged left" is what I call "SJW-trolls".

• Future
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I'm sorry sorry they let non whites perform on stages these days.

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

It's not about that.  It's about saying that a non-white acting as a white person is fine, but that a white person acting as a non-white is bad.  Either we believe in equality and accept both situations are fine, or we are racist.  It's as simple as that.

• 5 months ago

LOL!!! 

I agree. Cultural Appropriation is simply one more way to chastise white people. The left is indeed "deranged"! 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Miley Cyrus has been condemned for cultural appropriation for Twerking!

So it means that any fashion popular with Blacks can't be used by Whites! 

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Wearing "dregs?"  Seriously?  You blew your whole question.

• 5 months ago

Heck even wearing suits is cultural appropriation since modern suits evolved from hundreds of years of upper class european dress for men

• Hillstone5 months agoReport

Of course you are correct! But one should take this leftists "Cultural Appropriation" tripe w/ a grain of salt. It's just more leftist petty BS and should not be given the time of day

• 5 months ago

Ah, another stupid right winger who doesn't know the difference between culture and skin color.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.