Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

My son broke a plate, and I dont know why?

My son is 26. He has a history of severe anxiety, and depression. He seemed to be in a fine mood as of late. I called him down for dinner, and showed him a plate that I put a potato on for him. He stared at my for a couple seconds like he wanted to kill me, and then he smashed the ceramic plate with his fist on the counter. After that he just walked back up to his room. All this without saying a word. Hes been in his room for a few hours. 

I'd tell my son to replace the plate and think about moving out if he's going to treat me so disrespectfully and act like a small child at age 26. Perhaps when he's had to cook his own potato he might think a little differently about the chef/laudrywoman/housekeeper/cleaner who has been looking after him for 26 years without a thank you. What a horrible son you have. He needs a kick up the backside.

I'd speak to the therapist who treats him for severe anxiety and depression before he kills you.