Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Can someone explain why my daughter reacted the way she did?

My daughter is 16. She doesn’t have a boyfriend. No one to spoil her on Valentine’s Day. So, to make up for that, I went out and bought her a few presents - flowers, chocolates and lingerie from Victoria’s Secret. She was very embarrassed when I gave her the presents. She said it’s weird for her dad to be giving her underwear. I don’t see the problem. Can someone explain how a father buying clothes for his children is weird? I think she’s overreacting.

nonce!

the minimum post length is 15 characters

• Raja

You have done that with good intention but she is not your little daughter now .She is a young lady.Flowers and chocolate are all right but the lingerie is something her mother should have given.She got into an embarrassing mood not that she was overreacting .

Yes it is weird. Too weird for words.

she probably felt weird about the underwear you bought her

You sir are way out of line giving your 16 year old daughter lingerie. That's a gift that adult men give their lovers. Not that daddies give their daughters. Don't do it again. You are not her romantic sweetheart. Get over that right now.

However, I think this is a troll message because it's so weird.

I think that’s sweet actually. Not every parent would do something like that. You knew she was lonely on Valentine’s Day, so you tried to cheer her up. It’s lovely! 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. I agree with you. She is overreacting. Maybe she’s embarrassed that she doesn’t have a boyfriend and needs to rely on her dad. But really, she has no reason to react the way she did.

Troll score 3/10, with a couple of extra points for good grammar. Ruined it with the anonymity however.

• 2 months agoReport

Posting anonymously isn’t trolling. You ARE posting anonymously. You’re not using a real name. Don’t have a picture of yourself up. You are anonymous.

She's your daughter pal, if anybody on the planet knows why she reacted as she did it should be you.  Why the hell would you ask random strangers to try and interpret your kid's actions?  Grow up.