Should I go back to work or not? What should I do?

I gave her a Valentines Day heart mug with a little teddy bear and one rose. When I saw her again she told me that it was a sweet gift and that I'm cute but she told me I need to find some one closer to my own age Now I feel so ashamed and embarrassed and I never want to go back to work! What should I do?

• Teresa

There's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, you did a brave thing. Maybe down the line she may have a change of heart, so I would go back to work.

• Teresa

Thanks a lot! Cheer up. :)

• reme_1

Don't be embarrassed. You did a good thing. She was pleased and was not trying to hurt your feelings. Try to go meet other gals . You will find someone special when it is the right time.

• Lauren

Your financial stability is pretty important. If you must quit, please try finding an alternative job first. But she doesn't seem by your description like she's going to hold anything against you, and what you did sounded cute and brave. I think you should hold your head up high and try to put it past you. Respect her wishes and do your job until you can find another otherwise. 

I've felt very much the same when having been rejected or even if there is just no definitive conclusion to a social interaction. Whole weekends have been spent with me just curling up in bed, facing the wall, wishing I would disappear. Come Monday, I go to work and the world keeps spinning just as before. Things always seem worse in our heads. Buck up! It'll be ok. 

Try to act mature, like you don't care that it backfired on you and that there's plenty of more fish in the sea. Don't feel embarrassed, rejections happen all the time. Act like it's no big deal and that you've forgotten about it already. 

Take her in a bag of cougar chow.

• april3 months agoReport

What?