promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
ken asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Cream for pasta is too watery?

The cream is too watery.. it’s still in the pot , i want it thicker. How do i get it thicker? I made the cream from scratch so i can’t start over

Update:

I meant the sauce, not cream 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Undercook the pasta a couple minutes, save some starchy pasta water. Put the pasta in the cream on low heat and let the pasta absorb some of the cream and cook. It will thicken. You can thin it out with a few tsps of pasta water, stirred in, if it gets too thick.

• ken2 months agoReport

Thanks

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cream is not made. It is purchased AS cream .. the top cream skimmed off whole milk.

If you have a sauce that is too watery, try thickening it with a bit of flour. If you do not have "blending flour", thoroughly mix a Tablespoon of flour into Tablespoons of water until there are no lumps. Then add to your pot, and simmer and stir constantly until the sauce thickens up to the desired consistency. It WILL alter the taste a bit, making it "floury", but a bit of pepper will fix that.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cream comes from a cow or other mammal. You don’t MAKE cream...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

How did you make the sauce?  

Are you trying to make a bechamel sauce or a cream sauce?

A cream sauce is cream based.  It really doesn't need any thickening.

A bechamel sauce involves a roux...fat and flour cooked and then dairy added.   Things have to be in the right ratio.

It's possible your sauce "broke" if you heated it too hot too quickly or for too long.

No one knows how to tell you how to fix your sauce since you gave zero details about what you did to make it.   

How long have you been simmering it?    What's in it?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Mix a little corn starch or flour with water to make a paste and add it to the cream. It should thicken as it boils. By little I mean start with a teaspoon and add more if necessary. Too much will ruin the flavor.

• ken2 months agoReport

Thanks

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"Cream for pasta is too watery?" is not a question. Why is there a question mark?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.