Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Help with separation anxiety.?

Ever since I was little I’ve slept with my mom and now I’m 14 and still can’t sleep without my mom. Sometimes my mom has to visit India to go see family and I absolutely dread it. Everytime she has gone without me I’ve struggled to stay without her. I also have anxiety and hocd (technically not a diagnosis just a label) and I’ve never told my mom about the hocd but when I’m feeling anxious and having intrusive thoughts she always there for me to hug and all that. Now my mom is leaving to go to India in 13 days and she is going to be gone for 11 days and I am very very very anxious currently about it. I just need to prepare for the separation for 11 days and so I was wondering what can I do to help me cope and deal with the separation anxiety. I’ve heard while sleeping having a pillow beside me with her shirt on it should help and during the day most of the days will be spent at school so I have That. What else can I do to help myself?

• marty

You sound like you're describing a dog. You're old enough you shouldn't be sleeping with your mother anyway.  Time for you to grow up and stop making excuses and being so needy. 

• 2 months agoReport

That is exactly what I am trying to do and I’m asking for help on how to do that I’ve tried sleeping by myself but I need techniques I bow to ease into it.