Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Does vietnam do background checks on tourists who are applying for a tourist visa?

I'm an ex felon here and I want to travel to vietnam to visit family and friends. I'm wondering if vietnam does background checks on tourists. I've heard that they don't do background checks but I just want to be sure. Do they do background checks on tourists ??

EVERY country that requires a visa does AT LEAST a criminal records check.

You have been told that MANY times. You don't want to be sure. You want someone ti give the FALSE answer you wish were true.

• Jacob1 month agoReport

They don't do any ******* background checks. Why do you make false claims that you have no way of backing up your claims ? No sources, nothing. Many other dependable sites like quora and etc have stated that is not true.

Where is "here"?  It matters.

In general you cannot enter Viet Nam as a felon.

• Jacob1 month agoReport

Where the hell is your claim to back up your claim ?? There is no such thing as that. The only time you cannot enter vietnam is if you have a FELONY ARREST WARRANT out for you which I don't have. Vietnam does not do background checks.

• lare

Vietnam does not do background checks.  Nor does any other country.  If a criminal records check is required by a foreign nation, it is done by our own FBI.  No country requires that for a Tourist.  For longer stays or permanent visas, they do require FBI records check.  I had to get one for going to Brazil on a permanent basis.

• Jacob1 month agoReport

Thank you ! it turns out that is right, They don't do criminal records checks for tourist visas. Someone had the nerve to argue with me and said that wasn't true.

• Clive

Obviously they can't, but they can certainly ban you for life if they find you lied on the visa application form.