Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why doesnt my dad have ambitions or take responsiblity? ?

He is mid 50s and he doesnt have any goals in life except smoking and no friends and doesnt visit his own brother. He hates responsiblity, for example, he make up excuses and he doesnt want to pay a bill or drive my sibling to an interview to avoid responsiblity. He doesnt get groceries either. All his family members keep improving and they take responsiblity except him, so Idk why he doesnt change. 

Because he doesn't want to change, and apparently, someone or something is making him feel comfortable enough to be a lazy loser.

I guess he's a great example to teach you how not to behave or live your life

People don't change for two major reasons: one, they are getting some benefit from their current behavior patterns; and two, there may be insufficient ability,energy or desire for other reasons. Are there enablers around him who keep him in the same pattern by tolerating or even abetting it?  So, how do you wish to deal with this , yourself? 

probably cause he dont want to change

Sounds like depression to me. It can make people do damaging things to themselves and others. It comes off as him being lazy but perhaps there's more going on than just that. Just a thought.

How exactly would we know why if you don't, when he's your father and we're just random strangers on the internet? I mean are you really asking this question, or are you just venting?