Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

I’m stupid help me?

okay I learned this back in the beginning of October but it showed up on my math hw and I forgot how to do this. Can someone help me with this?

Tan ø = opp/adj

tan 40 = 16/x

x = 16/tan40

x = 19.068057481507359

19.068 ft <–––––

• linzie1 month agoReport

Thanks!

"Honor's Geometry", being in the "smarter" class is meant to mean, not that you have all the answers, but that you know how to find them yourself. E.g. via your textbook.

E.g. definition of angle of inclination vs. depression, after that, note that the problem gives you Ted's height as 16 ft. Noting that the angle of depression is 40 degrees, we know that the angle near the top of the barn is 50 degrees (since right angles = 90 degrees). Alternatively, we could find the dog's angle of elevation by constructing parallel lines.

In any case, you would, at this point, have an angle and a side of a right triangle, you would then note to use sine/cosine/tangent to solve for the remaining side.