Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

I ordered pho tai nam to go, didn't know it would be raw raw.....?

Do I just put it all together and eat it? I'm not scared of raw food but I don't wanna be stupid twice. Just put it all together and enjoy or boil the broth and cook it?

pho of course just means soup, usually broth laden soup.

Tai nam would be the specific soup. And without knowing that, we can't really say what you should do with the ingredients.

Unfortunately I just looked it up. Not much help. Tai Nam means Vietnamese noodles. Turns out there are hundreds of recipes for Vietnamese noodle soup.

Here's one:

"Pho Tai Nam (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) For my version of Vietnamese Pho, I make my broth with oxtail, charred onions and ginger, along with spices such as star anise and cinnamon. Topped with fresh herbs, tender brisket and thinly sliced rare fillet, this bowl of Pho is a sublime feast for the senses."

Note the word "rare," not "raw." If your ingredients look raw I'd say you need to boil them until the fillet is rare.