- KrishnamurthyLv 72 months ago
2. AE and CD
- PyrusLv 62 months ago
1-10 = -9. Problem solved.
OK, just kidding :P
1. The length of the radius is the length from the center of a circle to any point on the circle. P is the center, and C is a point on the circle. Since they told you that CP = 9, that means the radius is equal to 9 (from point P to point C).
2. Chords are straight line segments whose endpoints both lie on the circle.
BA is a chord. DE is another chord. So yea, these two.
3. Diameter is a line that pierces the circle through its center. So, a line that passes through P. BD is such a line. So, BD is a diameter of the circle with center point P.
4. The length of the diameter is equal to two times the length of the radius:
d = 2*r.
Do we have a radius? Yes, it was the first question.
d = 2*9 = 18. The length of the diameter is 18.
5. Secants of a circle are the infinite line extensions of a chord.
AE is a secant.
6. A tangent to a circle is a straight line which touches the circle at only one point. In other words, it doesn't pierce it. Line "m" is a tangent to this circle.
7. The tangent "m" touches the circle at point "C". So, C is the point of tangency.
8. Diameter of a circle equals to 2*r as mentioned above. So, simply replace in every case:
a. d = 12*2 =24
b. d = sqrt(5)*2 = 2*sqrt(5)
c. d = (sqrt(3)/2)*2 = sqrt(3)
9. To find the radius, we simply divide by 2.
a. r = 24/2 =12
b. r = 15/2 = 7.5
c. r = (5/2)/2 = 5/4
10. Cannot answer this question. You took a bad photo and I cannot see the figure. I need to know if the circles are intersecting or not, otherwise I cannot calculate.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Yahoo Answers is a place to ask for homework HELP, not SOLUTIONS.