My weight has been fluctuating 5 lbs & my husband told me "I always look the same." I want to believe him but is that normal not to notice?

I'm 5'7" and usually weigh in at 127 but I've been eating terribly lately and not exercising, so my weight has gone up to 135. I've been so depressed because it feels more like 10-15 pounds to me even though it's only 5-6 thank to 11 years of disordered eating and poor body image issues. I broke down to my husband about how awful I've been feeling about myself and he told me that my body always looks the same to him, that he hasn't noticed any weight gain. Part of me was relived but another part of me felt like maybe I'm crazy because I don't understand HOW he could not see the same weight gain I do. It's not in my head, the evidence is on the scale. Is this normal? To the men out there, do you not notice little fluctuations in your wife's weight even if she does? I'm assuming my husband is telling the truth that he doesn't notice, I trust that he wouldn't lie to me even when I feel the weight gain in every inch of my body.

I find it funny how men can't seem to grasp our complains about weight changes because we clearly see that clothes don't look the same,  yet when the breasts get slightly bigger right before period.... all eyes! OHHHHH....

yes it is normal not to notice considering it is not even 10 pounds and will make no difference to your appearance. it's not like you need an entire new wardrobe from gaining 8 pounds. plus you went from being 8 pounds under weight to weighing what you should.you only see a difference because you are obsessed with weight and think that if you weigh what you should it makes you fat

• mintlee1 month agoReport

127 is NOT underweight for a 5'7" female. Her BMI is 20 at this height and weight-- that's perfectly normal.

Most people fluctuate 5-10 lbs normally.  Mostly it is water weight and whatever food you consume coupled with how effective your GI process is.

Not a big deal that he didn't notice, most people wouldn't.

5 pounds will look and feel different on someone who is already thin compared to someone who is already carrying extra weight. It's totally normal that YOU notice and feel this weight gain, as insignificant as it may be. I also tend to fluctuate 2-5 pounds on a near constant basis and have been thin my whole life. My partner has never seemed to notice. 

• Pyrus

I've been fluctuating 7 kg (more than 15 lbs) and no one even noticed (as a guy). They all told me that I lost weight, when in fact I gained a little (I actually was 25 kg fatter about 7 years ago).

5 pounds isn’t very much and I don’t think it would substantially change your body it sounds a little like you might have body dysmorphia