What makes my car shake?

I have a 2004 GMC Envoy. About a month ago, I had a; tune up, my tires aligned, new tires and something about a rod being replaced. Since then, twice my car had shaken. It is sound like if I would be driving a go-kart. And my service engine soon came on, but it would go away in about 15 minutes. Then today, I've been running it for about 20 min, and the light wont go away. It would shake even when im just parked. 

Go to a good mechanic.

Could be multiple reasons. A previous answer called for reading the OBD codes. Good place to start.

Get the codes read at an auto parts store.

if you have misfire codes did you have AC iridium spark plugs installed?

May be a bad coil.

Go to a good mechanic.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Sounds like some Goober always wanted to replace one of those on a GMC. Have an experienced shop look at what they did and then take the truck back and tell them to fix it. If they don't then have the other shop fix it and take Goober to small claims court. Case closed, they messed it up.

• Andy C

OBD2 read the codes.

Could be a bad transmission or a engine misfire.

One sure way to find out why the light came on is to have the OBD2 trouble codes scanned. Car part stores do that for free. After you get the code, its definition points to parts or systems that need to be tested. Guessing isn't as good as that. A guess is something that starts with "probably...".

Motor mounts do not keep an engine from shaking. They keep the drivetrain in the right place, allowing necessary movement and no more than that. If the engine shakes, it isn't running right and mounts have nothing to do with how the engine runs.

• Ron

And something about a rod being replaced? Do you normally pay attention to what you pay a lot of money for? 

Anyhow, you have a a loose plug wire

Sounds like someone left something loose.

• Dze

theres something else going on there, hard to say .. they need to hook it to the machine and read the code .. could be something simple like something unplugged or something else like a sensor or coil ..

a mechanical part