My mom is going to kick me out at the end of February, what do I do?

I don't have a safe place to stay. I have 2 brothers and some distant relatives in the city and around it, but we do not get along. I wouldn't call their places "safe". I have a job at fast food and I have been a pretty good employee. I just got called in tomorrow for some more hours. I'm probably covering somebodies shift, but who cares. Work is work, right? I usually get around 10-15 hrs/week but this week since we started a new breakfast menu I was put in the breakfast team + getting my regular hrs so now I have 20 hrs/week. Hopefully it stays that way too or hopefully it gets better. My manager has openly talked to me about her interest in promoting me to manager In the next upcoming months. I don't know how secure that promotion was since it was only verbally discussed and nothing was written down, but she told me she even told her district manager about promoting me too. I won't hold my breath, but this is all I have. I don't have anything going for me in my life. And now my mom wants to kick me out. I only have 2 weeks to figure something out. She told me to clean my room and so I did, but even after I started to clean my room she told me she was going to kick me out so I told her "why should I clean the room if you're just going to kick me out?". I don't know what's going on in her head. She looks like she is going through something, but instead of talking to me about it her solution every time is just to kick me out. This hasn't been the first time this has happened.

I like how everybody is answering Anonymously. Just come here to vent out all of your problems and pretend like I am your son or daughter. Thanks for not helping. Hopefully your child runs away from home too. You guys don't deserve to have a nice family. You have to learn what I have to go through first. And you will see what I mean. Thanks for those who help and don't just leave negative comments. I am going through a lot right now and some people have no dignity to face me w/o being anonymous

I would remove all clothes and sit at the dining room table making animal noises while touching yourself.

Think about joining the military, you will have a safe place to live

It sounds like you live under your mom's roof - is you dad in the picture? If so, talk w/ him. If your mom in charge - solo mode - then that complicates things, since you make it sound as though you're not going to get through to her.

I definitely side with you on this. It would be great if you could stage some sort of intervention, but you don't have that much family around... I suppose you could try reaching out to them about coming down to have them help you sit her down for a talk; it is a little bit of an ask, but finding out what the deal is would probably make everyone feel better...

You didn't mention how old you are, but I'm assuming you're at least 18 if she's trying to kick you out... I guess worst case scenario, you could live with one of your relatives for a short stay, assuming you do get that manager position (or even a second job instead)... Do you have a car?? That would probably help if so...

Hopefully other people have more advice to build on, b/c I know this isn't enough; good luck with everything, bro.

I feel sorry for you. I struggle financially also. It’s hard. 

Try to stay with your mom as long as you can.. play her game if you have to. When you saved up enough then you move out on your terms.

Play the game..she doesn’t deserve it but do nice things for her, anything even cleaning your room.

Believe me..being homeless is not the better option than kissing her butt. At least for now

i would just rent a room from someone and if youre underage talk to cps about it

You didn't say how old you are or anything like that because it plays a huge factor here!

It seems like your mother has some mental health issues going on and/or high stressors in life and she doesn't know how to cope, so she is trying to control you! Her making threats to kick you out, gives her that sense of control that she didn't have before hand, hence why she keeps doing it towards you.

I highly doubt she is serious about evicting you, if she were it would have happened by now! These seem to be empty threats here coming from her, I can't see you being tossed out come end of the month.

Having said that you want to be ready for when the day comes that you do have to move out! Start saving up your money NOW, I mean every penny you make put that towards your bank, don't spend it and save up enough money for you to be more than able to pay for first/last months rent when it comes to your new place. The last thing you want to do is not have the funds needed to survive.

for work, if they called u to come in to work, it probably picks and gets busy.

when there are few employees and it starts to picks up and gets busy, employers call  more employees to come in to work and help out.

Have you tried asking her why she's kicking you out? If you're able to talk to her ten ask her and find out what is going on, you haven't really explained why she would do that because maybe whatever it is it can be sorted out, but either way she shouldn't kick you out if she knows you have nowhere to go it's not something a mother should do, but you can apply for a council flat and state that you're homless and they should be able to help you out, if not then look for a cheap room to rent until you get more hours at work and can afford something better:) or even look for another job that will offer you more hours and that it will be defnite, I hope you get it sorted but don;t ever feel like you're alone:)

• Ronni1 month agoReport

You're welcome, everyone goes through bad times some worse than others, but remeber them bad days don't last forever even if it feels like it:) Everything will work out in the end and don't feel ashamed to ask for help if there is anyone to help:)

Find a group house to live in....from the details in your question you apparently piss off everyone you are related to......a parent wouldn't want you to leave unless you were unwilling to follow the rules of the house. "Why should I clean if you are kicking me out" speak volumes about your attitude  - burning bridges is not a good solution.

• Steve1 month agoReport

CB if you don't like my attitude you can leave. You don't have to come here to get off on feeling like an a*shole too

If this isn't the first time it has happened, you don't need advice on what to do. You need advice on how to not return home.