Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

what does it mean when a guy says i would so date you if i wasn’t stuck on my ex?

this guy start talking to me just getting out of relationship i told him let’s take things slow but at first he wanted to take things fast with me & have sex but then he felt bad and said i don’t wanna use you we should just stay friends and maybe in the future but don’t get your hopes up high. and then say i would so date you if i wasn’t stuck on my ex cause i still love her. just kinda confused looking for help on what he means 

• Janet

It means he is not going to date you. May never date you.

His comment about "maybe in the future" may have just been a polite insincere comment to make HIM look like less of a jerk for pushing for sex. Also, may have been a way of leaving the door open for easy sex at a later date .. all he needs to do is say "I'm over her now".

Of course he wanted to go fast and to have sex with you.

ALL men date with the hope for sex. Only those who are also looking for a girlfriend or for a commitment, add that onto their hope for sex.

And since he is still stuck on his ex, he isn't looking for a gf or a commitment. He is just horny because he was used to getting regular sex and now he isn't.

It takes someone at least a year to FULLY get over an ex, although some people can hang on forever it seems. don't wait for him. Sure be friends with him. But keep your attraction/attachment in check and don't let it run wild.

It means he still loves someone else and isn't really that "into" you, so you should move on.

On a side note, you could consider only having sex with a person you really care about and not engaging in sex with just anyone.  It protects you both physically and emotionally.  Don't be used, you deserve better.

He means he's still not over his ex and you shouldn't carry on with him because one thing I have learnt is not to try with someone who's either just come out of a relationship or someone that says they aren't over their ex because you will be the one that will end up being hurt, you should just stay friends with him for now.. If he is telling you himself that he still isn't over his ex then that obviously means something.. He's just not ready to start something new with someone because if you get too close it'll be harder to leave, I hope my advice helps:)