Diagnosed with hypothyroidism after having son but having scary symptoms?

Hi,

I really need advice. I had my son seven months ago and about the last 5 months I've been experiencing some horrible symptoms. I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I feel some symptoms have improved but others are getting worse. My worst symptoms are pressure/numbness/heaviness in the head, feeling sick, lightheaded, dizzy, weakness and pins and needles everywhere. My obs are always fine. They thought the pressure in my head was an inner ear infection but antibiotics hasn't helped and I've tried so many tablets to help with the sickness and dizziness but none have worked so far. If anyone has went through the same situation or has any idea please let me know. Im getting really worried and upset that it's something serious.

If you've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism then you need to see an endocrinologist.

Don't worry too much. Just take your med every day. I've had under active thyroid for years and i even ended up in hospital with a slow heart beat (due to not taking meds). I've been taking them now for 30 years and i am fine. Don't worry. You'll be okay.

I'm a retired nurse and I don't recall these symptoms and signs as evidence of hypothyroidism. Check this on the Centers for Disease Control and with the Merck Medical Manual. But it will definitely show up in a simple blood test, so why not get one to put your mind at ease?