Should i still try with him if he gets with another girl?

I went to an event on saturday night and spent most of my night with a boy who i like and him and i have had a "thing" for about a month and a half but had not yet made it official. 

I found out yesterday (sunday) that he hooked up (kissed didnt have sex) with another girl that night and i am extremely upset and really torn because i really like him but if he did this despite it being a mistke he could do it again. 

I have been hurt a lot in the past so know it probably isnt a good idea but i really do like him.

Please help as i have no idea what to do and am crying in every class at the moment.

He isn't worth it. my last relationship just ended where the guy told me everything I wanted to hear and then he abruptly told me he doesn't want to talk to me anymore and he was hooked up with a few girls while we were together. He sounds like the guy you're talking to.

• Pam

You do not have any claims on him so you have no say over what he does or doesn't do. He is not your boyfriend. You will have to grow up fast because being upset over a boy you like won't serve you well. If you like him, talk to him, get to know him insead of worshipping him from afar and getting jealous over him kissing other girls.

Of course he could do it again.

Obviously, HE didn't think he had a "thing" with you.

Besides, "things" don't last. They are a temporary effect of brain chemistry that sooner or later will die out.

As for "really liking him" ... that is not based on reality. You have to date someone for a year of more before you START to see them clearly, rather than through the eyes of wishful thinking based on our hopes and how WE feel around them.

All I can tell about him from what you say, is that he likes sex, doesn't mind using our for sex, and is not going to stay faithful to you because he is too selfish to care if he hurts your feelings. I have NO idea what you think this is who you should be wanting more of.  All that your crying indicates is that you are attached to the fantasy you made about him and that you are resisting facing the truth.

Besides ... until we are emotionally mature, happy inside, and accept ourselves we are not READY to make a good relationship work. And emotionally-mature women don't get strongly attached until they've been dating someone for at least half a year .. for guys it takes about a year.

Having a "thing" is not the same as being exclusive. If you want to be exclusive then you have to tell him that's what you're looking for. But be prepared that he's not ready to make any commitments and if that's the case, let him go so that you don't get hurt further. 

• Thanks heaps! yeah i totally understand that but its purely because he told me that he wanted to ask me out on valentines day but did this the day after.