why would my job call me if i requested the day off and it got approved?

I requested the day off and the manager who makes the schedule approved it. However, another manager must of called me without looking at the printed schedule to get me to come in. I requested the day off because its a werkend celebration in my family. Today is my sisters birthday, yesterday was my husbands birthday and mine (yes we have the same birthday one year apart!) and later tonight we are celebrating mine and my husbands birthday with my inlaws and i missed the call from work because i was out with my family this morning for brunch (had the sound off my phone to not be rude didnt think work would call)

They do this to me all the time, calling me on days it has been approved I can have off. Why is this? I request off for a reason... meaning i needed the day off. If you wanted me to come in you shouldnt have approved me to have off then.

Your manager approved it? Then no-one from work should have called you in. Their bad, not yours.

• Pam

I have the perfect remedy to this problem. Are you ready?

STOP ANSWERING THEIR CALLS ON YOUR DAY OFF! It's that simple! 

If your day was approved, you don't have to answer their calls. If they have a problem with it when you return to work, simply tell them that you were enjoying time with your family and turned your phone or the ringer off. PERIOD! They don't have a say about what you do on your day off.

how would anyone here know why your manager called you.

we aren't your manager.

we don't even know what kind of place you work at or what your job is.

If you are curious = ASK THE PERSON WHO CALLED.

Because they didn't look at the schedule or they were really desperate and needed the help.  As you did, don't answer the phone.  If they ask, just say 'we were at my sister's and I had my phone off'.