Need to find more gay historical figures for my thesis project?

Wanted to create a play about gay historical figures framed as a reality show. 

With minimum research I may just write an essay if I only use the five or so I'm confidant I can support, but if anyone has some with concise evidence or opinions from historians it's welcomed. 

You force my hand in making this joke.

How about Caligula?

But if you're serious, you'd have best look into civilizations where there was acceptance of homosexuality in one sphere or another or, alternatively, where it wasn't accepted, but this individuals policies are ones which you can agree with.

• Himbo2 months agoReport

I was especially going to make a point of native American sexual/gender identity as it was a prominent/accepted part of their culture, saphos fo sho, Hamilton for the newer theatre kids because some of those letters his son didnt burn are, pardon the pun, fire.

Every french guy was by except napoleon........That a stage line right there.

Bisexual didn't even exist till 1892

Don't look for gays in history because it wasn't recognized as such.  Free spirited would be another word(s).

• Himbo2 months agoReport

yeah and he would write home to one of his side chicks asking her not to bathe for days before they would copulate upon his return,,

Historically and scientifically speaking, gays can’t reproduce, leaving no descendants. This is bad for historical accuracy but really good for humans since the gay population will slowly decline.