promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Restaurant Job?

Only things to communicate to co workers besides about the job?! Im really shy and get awkward or most of the time too talkative..!!!! but i know im just there TO work and not make friends but i also want to get involve and stay consistant and not isolate myself. Im a busser at this really professional restaurant but sometimes my level of drive gets taken the wrong way and im looked at or been treated like im god or something. I just want to stay on thesame level as them and not have them be intimidated by me. How can i focus and stay calm at all times???! 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

After you get comfortable I’m sure you’ll ease right into it. Start a casual conversation once in a while like “hows it going?” Or “any plans for the weekend?” If they answer and then respond with “how about you?”, Great! now you’ve successfully created a conversation.

If they don’t ask, “how about you?” You can just pretend they did, but there’s a decent chance that they don’t care.

For an example let’s say they mention that they’re trying to plan a trip somewhere. Next week follow up with asking If they’ve figured out their plans or not.

Just small things, you know? Hope this helps

• Johnny2 weeks agoReport

Thanks!!!!!!! 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.