How can I become friends with this girl?

I’m a 21 year old guy. I have a girl on my Instagram page, 19, that I’ve never met. She lives in my town. Right now, I’m lacking friends and I think she’s a really cool person. We have messaged back and fourth briefly and we like each other’s posts. I used to think what I wanted was a girlfriend, but right now I think I really need to build new friendships. I want to become friends with her in real life. What steps should I take?

Ask her out to lunch. Just because two people go out to lunch to get acquainted, it doesn't mean they are dating. But if things go well, it wouldn't hurt to ask her for a date.

You'll never know what might happen unless you take the initiative

Just ask her if she would like to hang out as friends, preferably in a public place even with her and other friends so she could feel comfortable and safe, you won’t know unless you just ask,

• Murzy

Ask her out for coffee.

• Rick

Be honest with her and tell her how you feel and what you'd like to see happen.  Then you'll know if she's interested in this or not.

• *****

"Hey, you seem really cool, would you be interested in meeting up for coffee as just friends sometime?"