Alicia asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

No period for 11 months?

I'm 17 years old, and my period has been absent for 10 months. My periods started at age 14 and were pretty regular until age 16- they then became irregular, before stopping entirely.

I've been to the doctors and have had my hormone levels measured- I have slightly low estradiol levels (91). However, I've been told that since I had regular periods at one point in my life, there isn't a physical issue to blame. Instead, they believe its due to stress, or excessive exercise.

I go to the gym 4 times a week- twice a week I do pretty intense weight training and the other two days I use lighter weights (or none at all). I make sure to get enough sleep, as well as eating enough before and after the workouts.

It could be stress then, but surely 10 months is extreme? I'm not seeing any signs of my period returning, and I'm frustrated that this isn't being taken seriously. I'm worried about my fertility and bone health, and whether there is an underlying condition causing this?

Is there anything I can do, or any potential diagnoses you could think of?/

I have a BMI of 20

And eat around 2300 cals a day

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.