brad asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How do I speak to my wife about eating a whole bag of chips, 1,120 calories. In 2 hours. ?

I pissed her off, because I asked if she knew how many servings this was for one sitting. She said she was really mad and she’s about to cry..  I don’t know how to be loving and supporting and telling her she shouldn’t do that. 

If she isn’t overweight why do care?

So first you want her to quit smoking, and now you're trying to control her junk food habit. If she wants cancer and fatty liver disease, it's her choice.

i wouldnt say anything, i just wouldnt buy the chips

You can ask her if she was aware or inform her of the number of servings/calories and how your concerned about how unhealthy that is, but it’s her decision if she wants to or not it’s her body and her choice she’s a grown woman capable of making up her own mind and shouldn’t be told what to do just how you feel.

we can eat an entire bag of chips without knowing it because chips have a "vanishing caloric density" that is designed to trick our tongues/brain into thinking we haven't actually eaten anything..If it’s a junk food you just can’t leave alone, buy serving-sized bags instead of a big bag. Then limit yourself to one serving-sized bag per day. You still get your chip fix, without blowing up your salt and carbs. sticking to snack packets of crisps, or at least go for healthier baked ones, as they have much less fat. 

Source(s): www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/inside-out/...

Idk what goes on with your or what but I’m saying this based on me thinking as a girl Ask her if she’s feeling okay and is there anything you can do for her like if she been bugging you to clean or something just let her relax for a bit Girls take things the wrong way all the time 

Like I would eat a lot of stuff because I was feeling really upset or I was coming up to my period and having comfort food and once you eat them you instantly regret it and you feel really **** about it so for someone to comment on it it’ll things worse and I’ll just think people will call me fat anol so just get her comfort food that arnt to high in calories and just sit and watch a movie or go out on a date do something special 

Find out why she has to stuff herself instead of doing constructive things with her time.  Is she unhappy?  Does she need counseling to feel better about herself?  People don't overeat unless something is bothering her.  Instead of telling her what she shouldn't do, try helping her fix her problems so she doesn't need food as a comfort thing.

comfort food.                                          

Replace her chips with turds.

Have you tried sIapping her around some? Some men swear by it.