Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Should my husband be the one to talk?

My husband has 2 little kids that always want me to play. I do not want to, but don’t know how to tel them without sounding mean. Should my husband be the one to talk with them? 

Question is do you never intend to play with them or not just at this moment?

Cause if its the first you shouldn't have married someone with children. You do need to be willing to be a party to his raising the kids or you shouldn't be there at all. It damages children to have a step parent who barely tolerates their presence.

If its "not right now" its OK. Children have to learn that its OK to hear no occasionally. As long as you are participating at other times.

What adult person comes here to ask something this insipid?

Talk to your husband about how he recommends that YOU talk with them about it. I think you need to communicate with the kids, you're wed not dating, and learn to develop a loving relationship. Which might have already happened. It's okay to say, "No".

Well you shouldn't be with them then. I hope he kicks you out. Fvcking b itch

Are these kids step kids?   People with kids need partners who can love and play with them, not someone who doesn't want to be part of their life.  Accept these kids like they are yours or you and their Dad won't last long.

Play with them a little, and tell them when you’ve had enough. Be reasonable with them, and they’ll be reasonable with you. 

You don’t have to be a kid again to parent well. You do need to be fair.