promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Should my husband be the one to talk?

My husband has 2 little kids that always want me to play. I do not want to, but don’t know how to tel them without sounding mean. Should my husband be the one to talk with them? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Question is do you never intend to play with them or not just at this moment?

Cause if its the first you shouldn't have married someone with children. You do need to be willing to be a party to his raising the kids or you shouldn't be there at all. It damages children to have a step parent who barely tolerates their presence.

If its "not right now" its OK. Children have to learn that its OK to hear no occasionally. As long as you are participating at other times.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

What adult person comes here to ask something this insipid?

• 1 month ago

Talk to your husband about how he recommends that YOU talk with them about it. I think you need to communicate with the kids, you're wed not dating, and learn to develop a loving relationship. Which might have already happened. It's okay to say, "No".

• 1 month ago

Well you shouldn't be with them then. I hope he kicks you out. Fvcking b itch

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Are these kids step kids?   People with kids need partners who can love and play with them, not someone who doesn't want to be part of their life.  Accept these kids like they are yours or you and their Dad won't last long.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Play with them a little, and tell them when you’ve had enough. Be reasonable with them, and they’ll be reasonable with you. 

You don’t have to be a kid again to parent well. You do need to be fair.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.