Did I go too far by doing this?

So there’s this kid at my school I know. We’re not super close or anything but we’re aware of each other. A few days ago I found their address. I won’t say how but they had it displayed publicly somewhere. They’re pretty well known at my school and I’ve talked to them before and even hung out with their siblings in a group hangout setting. As a joke me and my friend showed up to their house and we knocked on the door. No one answered so I left. I didn’t repeatedly knock or yell or anything just knocked on their door and left. I texted him later and basically explained to him that I just did it for the lols. He said him and his family were freaked out and pissed about it. They told me I need to back off and stop being obsessed. I know reading this now I sound like a psycho but I haven’t done anything like this to them before. I even asked my other friends if I didn’t something wrong and they said they shouldn’t have their address exposed the way they did if they didn’t want people showing up.  I don’t exactly have the best reputation (I’m socially awkward) but I’m not known as a bad guy and Ive never done anything illegal. Same deal with friend. Did me and my friend do anything wrong in your view?

We don't just go to someone's house uninvited.

• Teal

You don't mention how late it was. Since dropping by at dinner time isn't very funny, I assume it was fairly late. Getting a knock at the door at an unusual hour is disturbing. So is finding out you went behind their back to find their address just to prank them. Apologize and stay out of his way.

• SnoopLuke2 months agoReport

I didn’t go at dinner time I went around 10am. Also they know their address is public.

If you knocked and ran? Yes. If you knocked and were expecting them to answer so you could be friendly? Nothing wrong with that.

But the kid who thought you were obsessed and his family that was freaked out because someone knocked at their door? Best to leave them alone.

• Goerge

Bullies do the same things so their punching bag won't feel safe at home either. They just follow their kid home and now they can bully them all day long.  Are you a POS for doing that? LOL of course you are.

Stupid woman shouldn't be dressed so sexy if she don't want to be raped. She was asking for it.

Your criminal mentality should serve you well in high school.