why is transgenderism so controversial and confusing?

I have a friend who is trans and I want to be there to support him but sometimes it's just rly hard for me to understand them

• reme_1

Contact the gay center or the trans support group to get more info.

Most LGBT issues are controversial and confusing because they were not well understood until recently and there is a broad spectrum of gender and sexual identities. 

• "I want to be there to support him but sometimes it's just rly hard for me to understand them"

Most people are born with a gender identity programmed into their brain that matches the sex of the body they were born into, transsexual people are not, that's what transsexualism is. This leads to a life of pain and misery as their body feels profoundly wrong and nobody ever sees them as the gender they truly are. Trans people transition to affirm their inborn gender identity. Transition is the treatment for their birth condition.

A primer that may help:

http://forum.beginninglifeforums.com/index.php/t/1...

That's it in a nutshell.

.

• Saut de Chat

Pete lost New Hampshire to Bernie by 1 point, not 10. 

They are crazy.