Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Can I cancel my Australian PR and apply for a Canadian PR instead?

My family applied for an Australian PR almost a year ago, can we cancel it and apply for a Canadian PR instead? We're middle easterners. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

YES you can cancel and start the process again for some other country. It will be just more years of waiting for an answer and a possible yes.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

One’s somewhat unrelated to the other. If you have the eligibility to gain Canadian PR (likely meaning you’re being sponsored by family) just do that and inform Australia you’d like to no further pursue immigration to that nation.

• 1 month ago

You could, but, Australia, and Canada are not connected.  What you do in one place would make no difference in the other.

• 1 month ago

Of course you can withdraw your immigration application to Australia. Canada & Australia have different requirements. Just because you qualified to apply to Australia does not mean you qualify to apply to Canada. You will have to check requirements, ensure your education, training, experience, etc, meet Canadian standards and your occupation is on Canada's shortage list.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No........... PR doesn't work like that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.