promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Could I take traffic school to erase my speeding ticket/points on my license ?

Last Friday I got pulled over for speeding. I can’t call the court to ask them until tomorrow to ask them so could I take traffic school to erase the ticket or to erase the points off my license 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes you can but each state may give you a certain number of allowances, like you cannot do traffic school if you had a ticket within the last 2 years.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

You can get the points from the state erased, however it still shows up on your driving record, your insurance company is still notified of the ticket

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not in my State.  Of course, I don't know where you are.

I am not aware of ANY Court Clerk who will answer questions over the telephone.

• 1 month ago

NO. In MOST states, you can negate the points by taking traffic school. The speeding conviction AND the fine remain in EVERY jurisdiction.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

State laws vary. In some states, you can get a ticket dismissed if you complete traffic school. In my state, it only erases the points, the violation still appears on your record. You need to call the court anyway, so you may as well ask them. 

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I hereby OPENLY DEFY you to name ONE state where you can get the ticket dismissed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.