What type of Visa fo France?

I am A US citizen and am currently in France for vacation.. during my stay I met some people who offered me an “observership” (i place it as an obswrver because i am not going to be paid and it is not in a school.. kind of like an internship) for my profession. As is I am already using up my “visa free” time in france and if i start my observership now i would end up overstaying.. so if i go back to the US what type of visa would i get to be able to go back to france quickly and stay in france for 2-3 months?

I'm not sure that there is one. Generally, countries (including the U.S.) won't allow foreigners to do unpaid work for a business, because it takes away a job from the citizen who would have been paid to do that work if the foreigner hadn't been allowed to do it for free.

The sponsor must apply for the visa on your behalf. If they’re not clear on what type visa that is they’d need to confer with a French immigration attorney.

Asylum...Africans, Afghans are flooding to France and are all over the countryside there...Normandy, Brittany, Dordogne, everywhere

You return home on schedule and wait while they sponsor you for the appropriate visa. You are likely to discover they will be told you cannot get a visa because somewhere in the EU is an individual who can do the "observership". 

• Maxi