promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to cool the house without air conditioning?

Where I live it's 95 degrees F ° or 35 ° C and the air conditioning broke.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Fans blowing over a tub of ICE.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

go buy a cheap window unit.  I store one in my build just for this reason.  If my a/c goes out i can atleast cool my room an sleep good til the a/c is fixed.

• 2 months ago

If you have two stories, open a bottom door or wondow plus the upstairs windows. That draws air through the house and cools it. 

If you are on one floor, open all the windows and see which way the wind is blowing. Put a fan in the middle of the room so it draws air from outside and pushes it our through the opposite window. You get a nice flow of air that way. 

Also to stay cool, wet a banadana/kerchief/cloth in cold water and tie it around your wrist. That cools your blood as it goes through the wrist close to the surface. I always do that when I am in hot countries. 

Final suggestion: trade places with me. It is cold and rainy here. 

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Fans .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I hang my wet laundry up around the house- cools it down nicely and don't have to pay to run the dryer.

• Jimmy C
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That makes the house damp and causes all sorts of other moisture problems. 

• J
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it is cooler outside; open windows with a fan set by one window, (facing inwards) to create an airstream out of the other side of the house.  Keep in mind that warmer air will rise to the top of the room, or up the stairway.

If is hotter outside, keep widows/doors shut.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.