promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Schecter asked in SportsRunning · 2 months ago

What’s the best sneaker for running? ?

3 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no single best brand or model. Different people like different shoes and since everyone's foot, body, way they move, gait, etc are different it makes sense that a shoe that is perfect for one person, might not work well at all for someone else. For example I really like Hoka running shoes due to the cushioning, but I know other runners who don't like the real cushy shoes at all. Visit your local running store (hopefully there is one in your area) and have them help you select what's best for your running (the surface, the miles) and your biomechanics/body. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

We cannot say.

If you go to a running store, you will find several manufacturers of running shoes. And each manufacturer makes several different models.

Why do running shoe manufacturers make different models? Because runners' needs vary. The best shoe for one runner can actually hurt another runner.

So, the question isn't "What's the best sneaker for running?". It's "What is the best sneaker for *you* for running?".  And we can't answer that.

My advice is to go to a store specializing in serving runners. Discuss your running history, if you have one, and include injuries. Bring in your current shoes and ask them to look at wear patterns.

If you don't have a running history, it would help to go to a running store that can do a gait analysis. Someone makes a video of you running  on a treadmill. The video is played back at reduced speed.

• 2 months ago

tennis shoes , , ,

Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Tennis shoes are for playing tennis

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.