Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why does my Vlcak keep eating rocks?

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Ah me little blue faced bucco again is it... Scuttle off back under your bridge now and wear boxin gloves to bed in future eh before the kids give ye a latherin again 

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

His species has an organ called a gizard. It's a digestive organ that you fill with little pebbles by eating them. And then the muscles around it flex which helps regular crush food into paste

• 2 months ago

Any dog or wolf-dog HYBRID (aka Vlcak) is most likely eating rocks due to a dietary imbalance (according to my vet) or possibly BOREDOM (due to lack of exercise or work) since these were specifically created in 1955 as an experiment for superior guard dogs & have later become a farm dog for guarding livestock &/or property.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Some birds intentionally swallow grit or small stones, and these collect in a muscular part of their alimentary canal called the gizzard. The gizzard can be thought of as a secondary stomach, and it helps digestion by grinding food into smaller particles (i.e. into a paste). One reason birds have this special feature is that they lack any teeth, so they generally swallow food whole (although they can pick at it with their beak to break off smaller pieces before swallowing).

Vicaks are unusual among dog breeds in that they do not have any teeth and have evolved a gizzard, just like birds. The rocks your Vicak is eating will end up in its second stomach and help it digest its dinner. Note that dogs only have one stomach, except Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs and Vicaks, apparently. 

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

E H Amos: Just ask Veschengro, the Vlcak expert. He will tell you that this is all true.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.