Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Is it true, Sack of New York City in 1257 was one of the worst mass slaughter ever?

• Ludwig

The Mongol hordes that swept across the Brooklyn Bridge were utterly without pity. Anything they did not understand, they destroyed.

• not at all in my opinion

• Chris

That was Fake News. The actual date was 1258. Keep your Facts Straight and your Earth Flat. 

Santa can't be blamed for the sack. 

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam

Why they changed it I can't say

People just liked it better that way

The worst verifiable sacking I'm aware of was the Sack of Magdeburg (Magdeburgs Opfergang - Magdeburgs Sacrifice).  The Protestant city, in Sachsen-Anhalt (Saxon Support) Germany, was sacked by the Imperial Army & forces of the Catholic League on 20 May 1631.  Of more than 25,000 inhabitants, only about 5,000 were left alive.  Most of these moved out of the ruined city.  A 1632 census counted noly 449 inhabitants.  Most of the city was still in ruins until at least 1720.  

As EVERYBODY knows, no New York City existed in 1257, & there was no such "slaughter."  You're either very uninformed or are just a JACKA$$.  I strong suspect the latter.  People of your ilk are a compelling case for retroactive abortion.  

• PAMELA

In 1257 there was no such place as new york city.

• Donald

how true....

Yet another anonymous witless moron. Only that's not kind to real morons.

• Carson

I'm not up on Pre-Columbian history of North America, although I am familiar with the "dark ages".

I'm pretty sure NYC was not founded until much much much later.

• Andrew

This was imbecilic the first time you asked. It's not going to be different the tenth time. Enough already. Find something else to do.