What’s up with job interviews these days?

I haven’t had a job in 25 years and finally decided to get one. Now whenever I go to interviews the pricks at the workplace keep asking all these damn questions about what I’ve been doing for all these years rather than working. I’ve got a good mind to tell the next one to shove it up his *** and that I was doing “whatever the hell I wanted”

The main three reasons for someone not to have a job for 25 years would either be because they were raising their family, have had a major illness, or they have been in prison.  

The employer is trying to determine if you have a criminal past.  

Why is it, you can't just tell them the truth???  Asking questions about what a candidate did previously is fair game.  Not sure why this triggers you??  Were you in an insane asylum or something??  

It sounds like a fair question to me. Although if this question is any indication, I think I understand why you’ve been unemployed for 25 years.