Savannah asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Tips & advice for dying hair?

Does anyone have tips and advice for dying hair?, I'm planning to dye my hair light brown.

I should have been more clarified, my hair is naturally dark brown and I was planning to dye my hair a few shades lighter.

• Favourite answer

I've dyed my hair many times on my own with out having a fail from it. 

Always read and follow the instructions before you do it. When you're ready to do it, follow the instructions properly. If you get a box dye, usually they come with a conditioner, you should use that after you rinse the dye out of your hair. You should also use a shampoo and conditioner that's meant for color treated hair, to help prevent your color from fading too quickly. Also wear some thing that you don't care about getting stained when you dye your hair. 

If you want your hair to turn out well, first, wash your hair with shampoo. Next, take flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix them in a large bowl. Next you'll want to mix sugar and butter, and make sure not to over or under mix! This is important if you want your offering to be accepted! After this, you'll want to add two eggs, one at a time, to the butter/sugar mixture. Once you have these two substances ready, mix them together, slowly, and place the dough in a baking pan.

During this time, you'll want to be preheating the oven. Once the oven is preheated, place the baking pan --- carefully! You don't want to burn yourself! --- in the oven. Chant the names of the seven archons while you wait until the stars are aligned. If your sacrifice is suitable, the oven should now be empty. Under the full moon, the sibilant horde will hatch, and soon, they will grant your desire for light brown hair.

dying pubic hair...............?

use plenty of grease 

• Savannah

No!, the hair on my HEAD

Since you didn't tell us your natural color it's impossible to give any tips. If you are doing you color at home you shouldn't go any more thn three or four shades lighter or darker. If you want to change color one or two levels lighter you'll need to use a high lift color. If you want to go several levels darker then pick a color a few shades lighter than you think you want. Box dyes always look darker on the hair than they do on the box because these dyes deposit a lot of color. 

If you have no idea what the words shade, level, lift or deposit mean when applied to hair dye you need to look up these words and learn how hair dyes work and what they can do for you and more important, what they can't do. When you understand some of the chemistry you'll be less likely to make a mistake. 

• Gert

Have it done at a salon.

• Rick B

Yes. GO TO A PROFESSIONAL. Do not do it your self. That is my tip and advise.