Which Saturday should I ask for off?

At work, they have me working all weekend. I am thinking of just requesting a weekend day off because they never give it to me off. At work this week, I had already requested Monday off and I wanted to take off this coming Saturday but my boss already asked for it off and it would be like asking for two days off in one week. 

Next week, he put me on the schedule for Saturday. The third week's schedule, he hasn't made. How much advance notice do I need to give? Would it be weird to ask for this coming Saturday or next off? Or should I ask for the schedule that hasn't been made yet?

You should definitely not try to change the current schedules, ask your boss for some time off in the third week.

• Judy

If you're going to ask, it should be for a day where the schedule is not made yet You don't say what your job is. On many jobs, you can expect to be scheduled every Saturday unless you ask to be off for some special event.

• Eva

Ask for the schedule that hasn't been made yet. If you ask for one already on the schedule your manager will have to redo it and they won't be happy.

Ask your boss how far in advance you need to request time off for the schedules that aren’t posted yet. Once the schedule is made, it’s too late to ask for time off. At that point you either trade shifts or find someone to cover you, or you work your scheduled shifts.