Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Los Angeles Mission College vs Glendale Community College? (Transferring)?

I am interested in the field of Computer Science. I want to attempt to transfer to a university like UCLA. 

Which of these two community colleges could be a better option for me in terms of computer science and having a better outcome to transfer to a university like UCLA?

I was going to say that since they're both part of the California Community College System, either would be fine. 

But it appears that Glendale does -not- have an Associate Degree for Transfer in Computer Science. Los Angeles Mission College does, so that would be your better choice.

An ADT (with a minimum GPA) guarantees admission into a CSU (although not a particular campus). You should check with a transfer advisor whether the requirements are different for a transfer to a UC, and make sure you take all of the appropriate classes for both UC and CSU (just in case) transfers.