Andrew asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

If you're a victim of identity theft and that person tries to freeze your credit or do other things..how do you resolve that?

You will need help.  Because once your identity has been stolen, every few months, it will be sold again, and sold again, and sold again, on the dark web.  It happened to my husband.  Get Life Lock.  It really works.  About every 3 months, someone tries again - to steal his money, open accounts and they DO make purchases in his name, etc.  Life Lock contacts him about all suspicious activity.  They have caught it probably two dozen times.  They have a great group of people working for their members and they do a super job.

Try life lock,  I was a victim of identity theft when I was 19, low life tried to do some type of bank deposit scam posing as me, bank of America said I was a high risk so they closed out my account. Also a large bill for dish network from out of state. 

They would have no reason to freeze your credit. If anything, they open or try to open more accounts. You just dispute them.  It happened to me, it took a 7-8 phone

calls, a fraud alert on my credit report and one signed returned letter.

Its really not a big deal.  I called from my home number that has been on my credit report for many years. Caller ID proves that.

• Andrew2 months agoReport

It could and does happen to others but main question if it does how would u dispute it if they claim to be you or the victim themselves