promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Free speech or hate speech?

Folau quotes the old Testament and states that Hell awaits practising homosexuals. Is this free speech or hate speech

Update:

Admittedly there is a debate over whether the Bible actually says this due to translations over centuries and different versions and disputes over meanings of ancient now unused words. Of course language was different centuries ago. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Lefties would charge God with hate speech if they could. Because he is the author of the Bible, that they hate.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

He actually quoted NEW Testament scriptures.  It was still hate speech because his bible tells him not to judge 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bible and religion are optional, if you don't agree with it just say no thank you have a nice day, no need to lawyer up and sue, if anybody can take anything they want as hate speech we will spend our lives in court

• 2 months ago

I see no reason why he shouldn't quote from the Bible about anyone he chooses. They have the right to ignore him.

This nonsense about 'hate' speech has gone too far. There is seldom any actual 'hate', more like disapproval, maybe very strong disapproval.

'Hate' is a very strong word. Be careful how you use it, or one day you'll REALLY need it, but won't be able to make it mean what you want.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Religion is what is , call it hate speech and we have to ban it all and close down the churches Really? Not going to happen.

• 2 months ago

if you believe the bible, you have to take it all...not just bits of it id imagine ...…BUT  with that said..Jesus is in the new testament and he  died for every one so they can go to heaven  and he never hated  anyone  just hates any sin  what I understand ..and that is free speech .....I don't think Folau  said it in hate.christian people say how it is to help people so they don't go to hell don't they???? .I mean that's why they preach  aint it  to help the sinners  go to heaven 

======

• ...Show all comments
    • ausblue
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

i think bible says one sin no worse than any sin....so all sins are hated not the person.,

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Look at the quote for yourself. He mentions drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists & idolaters.  Had he neglected to mention homosexuals then there wouldn't have been any controversy.  But it's like Voltaire said, “To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.”

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.