Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Extreme cramping, should I go to hospital?

It is currently 12:29 AM, I’m having really bad cramping pain on my right side abdomen and lower back. I’m not sure if they’re contractions (first pregnancy). The pains are really bad, I’m not sure if they’re in my hip joint or not. Can’t pinpoint. I haven’t felt baby move in a few hours but I’m just starting to feel him lightly. The pain is a bit unbearable at times. It started about 30 mins ago. I went to hospital in a panic about a week ago because I thought I lost my mucus plug. They checked me and everything was fine. I know I may be freaking out, but should I be? Is there a valid reason? I’m really scared of losing this baby 😢

What did your doctor say when you called and asked if this was a hospital situation?  If you're talking about contractions and mucus plug, you're obviously full term.  

It's never a bad idea to check. Yes, they might tell you you're fine and to go home. But what if something is wrong? Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? Good luck, I hope your sweet baby is okay!

Call your doctor's after hours line and ask.

Your doctor should have a 24 hour helpline or answering service. Give them a call and they'll tell you what to do.

• Jill

Yes.