promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Extreme cramping, should I go to hospital?

It is currently 12:29 AM, I’m having really bad cramping pain on my right side abdomen and lower back. I’m not sure if they’re contractions (first pregnancy). The pains are really bad, I’m not sure if they’re in my hip joint or not. Can’t pinpoint. I haven’t felt baby move in a few hours but I’m just starting to feel him lightly. The pain is a bit unbearable at times. It started about 30 mins ago. I went to hospital in a panic about a week ago because I thought I lost my mucus plug. They checked me and everything was fine. I know I may be freaking out, but should I be? Is there a valid reason? I’m really scared of losing this baby 😢

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

What did your doctor say when you called and asked if this was a hospital situation?  If you're talking about contractions and mucus plug, you're obviously full term.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's never a bad idea to check. Yes, they might tell you you're fine and to go home. But what if something is wrong? Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? Good luck, I hope your sweet baby is okay!

• 2 months ago

Call your doctor's after hours line and ask.

• 2 months ago

Your doctor should have a 24 hour helpline or answering service. Give them a call and they'll tell you what to do.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.                                             

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.