Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

Ho to drive a big suv as a beginner? (more details below)?

so I am a little above average height as a guy yet in a suv such as a 2007 honda pilot I can't see lower vehicles if I look to the right window and if I look over my right shoulder I could maybe see the roof a car. The view on the left side is fine.

I don't wanna crash a vehicle or run over someonebut please tell me yall how could I drive an suv with ease and have good visibility like I drive a car with ease( I was considering stick on blind spot mirrors if they help)

I already put the seat as high as I could

In what universe is a Honda Pilot a "big SUV"?

You drive it exactly how you'd drive any car.

" I can't see lower vehicles if I look to the right window"  Get over yourself. You're a little above average height. You're imagining a problem that doesn't exist.

A Honda Pilot is not a big SUV.  It's a hatchback with optional 4 wheel drive.

• David

OK, I am assuming from what you have written, that your EXISTING mirrors are not adjusted properly. If so, that would mean that you are like 99% of drivers on the road, in that you really do not know how to adjust your mirrors properly.

Center mirror: As you are comfortably sitting behind the steering wheel, you should be able to turn your EYES (not your head, just your eyes) to the center mirror and be able to see all four corners of the rear window in that mirror.

Left outside mirror: If the driver looks over their left shoulder, there will be a blind spot that is neither behind nor beside the vehicle. It is where a vehicle would be in a lane to the left, if that vehicle was about 6 - 30 feet behind the front of your own vehicle.

Right outside mirror: Same as left outside mirror. there is a blind spot on the right, that is NOT behind your car, and not beside the car. It is where a car would be in the right lane beside your car, if that car was about 6 - 30 feet behind the front of your car.

Where people screw up is that they adjust the side outside mirrors so that those mirrors are looking straight back. In other words, the outside mirrors are useless on most vehicles, because they are not seeing anything beside you, BECAUSE THEY ARE ADJUSTED WRONG.

For a helpful hint...if your outside mirrors are adjusted correctly, then when you are sitting comfortably in your drivers seat and moving ONLY your head or your eyes to look a the outside mirrors...IN the outside mirrors, you should never be able to see ANY PART of YOUR OWN vehicle.

Now hope in your SUV in the driver's seat. Look at your outside mirrors. I'll bet you can see parts of the same vehicle you are sitting in, displayed in both mirrors, right?

That is because almost everybody adjusts those mirrors wrong.

Bottom line, stick on blind spot mirrors are redundant. Your side mirrors are supposed to be looking directly at your blind spots. But they probably aren't showing your blind spots, at the moment.

• JetDoc

Honda Pilot is NOT a "Big SUV" little Snowflake!

You may need to adjust the height of the seat so that you can see better.

Learn how to adjust the right outer mirror so you can see traffic!

Just adjust the height of the seat.

• Tulip2 months agoReport

i put it the highest already