How can I fix CPU bottleneck in fortnite?

When I play fortnite, my CPU useage goes up to 100% total, and 80-90 from fortnite alone. This causes me to have minor hitches and stuttering, but still very playable just annoying. However, overtime it will get worse, like if i play for 3 hours+ it will become unplayable and i neeed to do a full restart on my PC. GPU usage is around 50%. RAM usage is optimal. I average around 180-240 fps (I have it capped at 240 since I have a 240hz monitor). I play at lowest graphic settings. When I raise graphics settings in order to balance CPU/GPU, all it does it raise my GPU% and the CPU% stays the same... meaning less FPS, but hitches still there. Tried capping fps at 120, didn’t help CPU%. Only fix I tried that worked was capping FPS to 60 which brought my CPU usage down to 60% total and fixed the hitching, but let’s be honest... 60fps is garbage for a PC able to run 200+ FPS and a 240hz monitor. I have a AMd radeon rx 580 graphics card, CPU is intel i5 8400. I have 16GB of ram. I know my CPU isnt the best but it still should be able to run at least 144fps without near 100% CPU usage. I have no clue how fast my fan runs or what my temp is, and i use high performance mode in power settings. I do not have a lot of knowledge about computers as i didn’t build mine, but have been doing research recently to fix this. My goal is to be able to run at least 144fps without bottlenecking. Can anyone help me out here?

you need to delete or disable most of the unnecessary startup programs and services , run task manager and see how many are running more than 120 will slow your computer right down 

I need the specifications of your computer.