promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can I fix CPU bottleneck in fortnite?

When I play fortnite, my CPU useage goes up to 100% total, and 80-90 from fortnite alone. This causes me to have minor hitches and stuttering, but still very playable just annoying. However, overtime it will get worse, like if i play for 3 hours+ it will become unplayable and i neeed to do a full restart on my PC. GPU usage is around 50%. RAM usage is optimal. I average around 180-240 fps (I have it capped at 240 since I have a 240hz monitor). I play at lowest graphic settings. When I raise graphics settings in order to balance CPU/GPU, all it does it raise my GPU% and the CPU% stays the same... meaning less FPS, but hitches still there. Tried capping fps at 120, didn’t help CPU%. Only fix I tried that worked was capping FPS to 60 which brought my CPU usage down to 60% total and fixed the hitching, but let’s be honest... 60fps is garbage for a PC able to run 200+ FPS and a 240hz monitor. I have a AMd radeon rx 580 graphics card, CPU is intel i5 8400. I have 16GB of ram. I know my CPU isnt the best but it still should be able to run at least 144fps without near 100% CPU usage. I have no clue how fast my fan runs or what my temp is, and i use high performance mode in power settings. I do not have a lot of knowledge about computers as i didn’t build mine, but have been doing research recently to fix this. My goal is to be able to run at least 144fps without bottlenecking. Can anyone help me out here?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

you need to delete or disable most of the unnecessary startup programs and services , run task manager and see how many are running more than 120 will slow your computer right down 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I need the specifications of your computer.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.