Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Mother in law takes daughter when i am not looking ?

Ok i have a mil problem . When i am with her in public i will be holding my daughter and my daughter is ok with it and i will just be talking to someone and not looking and all the sudden shes gone and my mil has her . I let it go and if she cries i take her right back . Why does she do that ? My mom alwaya asks me when she wants to hold her . I never say no you cant hold her . She just takes her off me when i am not looking and it makes me very nervous and i give her a sigh when she does it . I wish she would just ask me ? What can i do when she does this because its getting to be a problem. One time when she was little she had been crying for 30 min and she had her then  i had her and had her calm and she takes her ! Goes in another room and its another 30’min of crying then everyone was awe grandma calmed her down ! I calmed her down . I don’t understand why she does this ? 

You must define boundaries with your mother in-law.

That's weird, who ever heard of a grandmother being interested in their grandchild.

So you ask a load of strangers on the internet as opposed to the woman herself because?

You have to be open and honest with your mother in law. Firm but polite and she will understand how it makes you feel. Hope it goes well : )