promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

Should I be sensible when choosing bridesmaids or by height/weight pretty vs ugly?

I am short and most of the women who I know are short.  My groom's groomsmen are all tall there are fifteen.  With his influence I only wanted to choose tall bridesmaids but I just can't come up with hardly enough...so my groom had the idea to use all his exes who still want him chosen as bridesmaids they are all tall and pretty.  I was very insulted when he first brought it up saying the pictures will look good because I'm short and the tall and short bridesmaids I chose are all family to me.  Should I go with his idea or do the sensible thing and choose out of Love.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Fifteen groomsmen? That's not a wedding party, it's a rugby team. 

There is no need for bride's attendants and groom's attendants to be equal in quantity.

There is no need for bride's attendants and groom's attendants to form matching pairs like salt and pepper shakers. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Stop making up rubbish stories.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think you should stay grounded and do the sensible thing.  Love is the reason for your commitment keep this in mind.  Don't ever lose sight.

• 2 months ago

choose friends and family who love and care about you, regardless of their physical appearance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You pick the girls you most want to stand up with you...

• g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Smells like troll to me.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

i fcking love questions like this. hilarious

• GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You should be comfortable about the bridesmaids you choose.  Are you going to feel small and dumpy amongst tall bridesmaids, who are your fiance's exes?  Also, the groomsmen do not need 'one bridesmaid each', even if they don't have partners.

• 2 months ago

i wouldnt choose them based on looks

• Jon
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Highly unusual to have fifteen groomsmen, and also highly unusual for any man to want his exes as bridesmaids. But no matter. The number of bridesmaids and groomsmen do not have to be the same, so you don't have to consider any suggestions for making them the same.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.