Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

Should I be sensible when choosing bridesmaids or by height/weight pretty vs ugly?

I am short and most of the women who I know are short.  My groom's groomsmen are all tall there are fifteen.  With his influence I only wanted to choose tall bridesmaids but I just can't come up with hardly enough...so my groom had the idea to use all his exes who still want him chosen as bridesmaids they are all tall and pretty.  I was very insulted when he first brought it up saying the pictures will look good because I'm short and the tall and short bridesmaids I chose are all family to me.  Should I go with his idea or do the sensible thing and choose out of Love.

• Jerry

Fifteen groomsmen? That's not a wedding party, it's a rugby team. 

There is no need for bride's attendants and groom's attendants to be equal in quantity.

There is no need for bride's attendants and groom's attendants to form matching pairs like salt and pepper shakers. 

Stop making up rubbish stories.

I think you should stay grounded and do the sensible thing.  Love is the reason for your commitment keep this in mind.  Don't ever lose sight.

choose friends and family who love and care about you, regardless of their physical appearance.

You pick the girls you most want to stand up with you...

• g

Smells like troll to me.

i fcking love questions like this. hilarious

• GB

You should be comfortable about the bridesmaids you choose.  Are you going to feel small and dumpy amongst tall bridesmaids, who are your fiance's exes?  Also, the groomsmen do not need 'one bridesmaid each', even if they don't have partners.

i wouldnt choose them based on looks

• Jon

Highly unusual to have fifteen groomsmen, and also highly unusual for any man to want his exes as bridesmaids. But no matter. The number of bridesmaids and groomsmen do not have to be the same, so you don't have to consider any suggestions for making them the same.