Would you rather have an Audi or Camaro?

I’m in the market for a new performance vehicle. I wasn’t pretty much set on the 2020 Camaro ZL1 My fiancé however wanted me to look at something more practical. So I’ve looked at the Audi S5. Both would be purchased new. I won’t be taking either vehicle to the track. The Camaro has 650 horsepower the Audi is upper 300’s. No mods will be done to either car. As a daily driver which do you feel is the better car? Both MSRP’s are fairly similar. Please explain your reasoning. 

Thank you! 

• chorle

Personally I would buy a plug-in hybrid likely a RAV4 for that price. 

I don't know my first thought was Camaro but I have had very bad luck with GM cars built after 1995. Just because my Vue and Cruze were not good cars doesn't mean all bad. I am reluctant to get a EU brand car because of the time in the shop reputation but that too may be currently wrong. 

Sounds like your fiancé is a bit smarter than you. Where you gonna drive a 650 HP car? To Walmart and back? Not on the Interstate, unless you like speeding tickets. The Audi will serve you better, will be better qualify, have better luxury features, and will be a more satisfying ride.

How about putting on your big-boy trousers, doing your own research and making an informed adult decision for yourself? Don't forget to check insurance prices before you make a decision. 

Both are pretenders.  The 911 is the only true sports car.

• F

I drove a 911 once and was a bit underwhelmed after all the hype. I much preferred the Audi R8

If you want a money pit as it becomes older go with the Audi.

Both are bad ideas.  Just pretend your weenie is larger.

I have to be honest, I simply dont believe you. In the last three years, you've been 27 AND 34 in the same year, worked in medical equipment sales, lost that job, worked a "desk job", sold cars, worked in a steel mill, and as a VP in a pharmaceutical company. You want expensive cars, yet didn't know how to get a $6000 plus loan in a jewelry store. 

In this question, you're comparing apples and oranges, with two cars in vastly different classes. They both excel in certain things, so neither is "better". Makes no difference, though, as you're not buying either one. 

Troll on, little troll, troll on... 

Source(s): 20 years retail auto sales experience.
  • Anton

I would not have either.  ALL of the the fun cars I have had less than 100 bhp.

My current has 70.

I know the truth --

"It is a lot more fun to drive a slow car fast, than driving a fast car slow."

What are your plans for the vehicle?  And what kind of climate do you live in?  I had a Trans Am.  Loved it.  But rear wheel drive plus lots of horsepower can be hard when driving in the winter.  

Personally, I prefer muscle cars.  In the south or in a situation where I could afford a different car for the winter, I'd go with the Camaro.  It looks better, and it's a performance sports car.  You might try test driving both to see which you prefer, assuming you haven't done so already.

i dont drive but i would just get whichever one you want

• Snezzy

Strangely, this cornes close to being a good answer. Neither Pearl nor I can read OP's mind.