Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 2 months ago

NYC- something to do Monday ?

Going to a play tomorrow and heading to Rockefeller to skate Monday. I wanted to do the NBC studio tour but it’s sold out. What else can I do with my teen daughter? 

go take her to see a funny movie

• MoMA is relatively close to there, if you're into that sort of stuff.  Van Gogh's Starry Night is there (5th floor when I went, and it was completely worth the entry fee), some Picassos and one of Monet's Water Lily paintings.  If your daughter likes Nintendo, the Nintendo store is at Rockefeller Center, too.  Across the street is St. Patrick's Cathedral, and they just finished renovating it a couple years ago and I've been meaning to see it, but haven't been back to NYC for a long time.

I'm presuming you're not native to the city, so if you can manage to figure out the subway (it's not hard to figure out once you have a good map), then you can get all over the place rather quickly.  If you guys are big into movies, there are tons of places to see where plenty of movies and shows have been filmed.  I did a Ghostbusters tour myself.

Also, you can go though the Chrysler building and the Empire State building as well.

do things together. board games like cluedo are not expensive and not too competitive. also scrabble which is a bit but helps with spelling. these things cost little and create memories. better than giving a building your cash

• DON W

Did you check the Rockefeller Center tour, which is separate from the NBC studio tour?

The Museum of Modern Art is only a 10 minute walk from Rockefeller Center.  Have lunch in their cafe and look at some of the art.