do you think its cruel to keep me confined to my bedroom while my sister is having her engagement party ? h?

As i write i am confined to my room and my bedroom door is LOCKED , my parents are punishing me for drinking alcohol underage for the 3rd time to make things worse i swore at my mum , my parents said as i cant be trusted around alcohol i will remain locked in my room and miss my sisters party, my mum said they are trying to keep me safe as well as to punish me, can you imagine how i feel sitting on my bed from behind a LOCKED bedroom door i can hear the music and everyone is dancing and having fun, i have been locked in my room all day as a punishment and it is HORRIBLE advice please ?

• Edna

It's that too bad for you?  I think it's a fine punishment and maybe you'll learn your lesson. Now you know what your parents can do to you when you drink alcohol underage for the 3rd time and when you swear at your mother.

• newbury5 months agoReport

it was a very hard punishment the party went on to past 1am and i remaind locked in my room, the net day i was let out for chores which meant tidying up from the party that i wasnt allowed to go to, then back to my room and locked in for the rest of the day it was HORRIBLE ?

It's cruel that you keep on subjecting us to your silly made up story. I've read this so many times you should be in rehab.

• For the 3rd time... seriously, how did you not learn a lesson from the 1st and 2nd time you were caught. 

It's only an engagement party, honestly you're not missing much. It's not like they're making you miss her wedding.

You did the crime you pay the time / punishment. Time to learn from your mistakes. Learn from them now before you decide to drink and drive and possibly kill some one. Then you can end up in jail, from what I've seen it's way worse then being grounded or locked in a room.

• Ana

I suggest instead of whining, you learn your damn lesson. Stop drinking!

Also you should attend AA classes, to hear from people who’s lives have been ruined by alcohol. I’m talking about actual adults who crashed their cars and killed their children, burned down their homes, had their wives divorce them, lost their jobs, went to jail, etc due to alcohol. Alcohol is no joke

• newbury5 months agoReport

my parents gave me leaflets on the danger of underage drinking, i had to copy these out, part of my punishment was to write a 6 page essay on why alcohol is so dangerous, being locked in my room is not nice and i will behave in the future, do you think tat the punishment has worked ?

• Trish

Stop drinking and cursing.  Are you locked in your room from the outside if so you could die in a fire tell your parents that.

• newbury5 months agoReport

yes my bedroom door is locked with a key from the outside, but my parents are always close by so in the unluckley event of a fire my parents could free me

You are being punished...as such, you should not be having fun. 

Listen, you are engaging in self destructive behavior. Your parents are protecting you from YOURSELF. You clearly do not understand the consequences of your actions, nor do you realize that your parents are trying to protect you.

LEARN SOMETHING, or you may be disinvited to the wedding.

• Edna

Being locked in your room in your home for a few hours is 10 times better than being caged. in a jail cell for several days for underage drinking. Too bad you don't like it kid; but you ARE going to do groundings - and you're going to do this one. . 

That sounds entirely fair to me so I'm not capable of giving you the answer you seek.

You've been posting this same story for years. 

FYI bedroom doors do not, for safety reasons, lock people IN. A privacy set can only lock your parents OUT

• Dr. Stephanie

wow. maybe this asker should be reported?

Stop disobeying your parents.

You may not want to hear this but you do something illegal not once but at least three times and something that can damage your health your wrong, they are teaching you a proper lesson, if you break the rules you suffer the consequences, now you will remember this feeling of missing the party and think twice before doing it again.

• Edna

You can't come out and enjoy the party, because obnoxious kids like you aren't allowed to play with the adults.