promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Which is healthier: breastfeeding or formula feeding?

Update:

I do not have any children yet but I would like to know for the future.

Update 2:

Thanks for the answers, I think that I'll breastfeed my children when I have them.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Will
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Technically breastfeeding is healthier because it is natural and obviously has come to be the natural way to provide nutrients to a newborn. So technically a mother could breastfeed her child for as long as she wants, but ultimately the baby will need to consume more food and water than breastfeeding can provide and the mother can perform in order to remain healthy, which is usually by the the age of 1. 

• Bucky
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Breastfeeding is much better.

http://www.nocirc.org/statements/breastfeeding.php

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Formula manufacturers try to make their products as close as they can to  ( human ) breastmilk nutritionally.  SMA  stand for  simulated milk adapted  or synthetic milk alternative. When did you last hear of a nursing mother being advised to eat grass to 'produce nice rich milk, like a cow?'

• 2 months ago

i think breastfeeding is

• GTB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This will be debated forever. Breastfeeding favorites will insist one way, all others will insist the other way. If the mother gets more than sufficient nutrition for both herself and the child, breastfeeding will be fine in most cases.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Medical opinion says breast feeding is healthier for  the baby. Us dads like a swig too.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

during breastfeeding, the Mothers immunities are passed-on to the child ..........................

• 2 months ago

Breastfeeding is always better for the baby. If possible one should try, but there are many reasons a mother cannot or will not do it. Ideally at least try for a few weeks the colostrum is the most important part.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.