Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 5 months ago

Is it okay to use a coffee bottle (i know that this is not its name) instead of water bottle?

• Favourite answer

There is nothing wrong with doing that. It's just that some bottles/travel mugs/travel cups/whatever are designed to keep hot beverages hot. Others are meant to keep cold beverages cold. Some of them are designed to do both. I have no idea what the difference is in how they are made, but if you are buying a new one - there will usually be a tag or sticker on it telling you what it is best for.

I would think putting cold liquid in a container designed for hot would be perfectly safe. I would not suggest putting hot liquid in a container designed for cold.I have a Zojirushi travel mug that keeps really hot beverages steaming forever and icy cold beverages super cold (ice won't melt for a day) but it sucks at maintaining the temperature if it doesn't start at one of the extremes ;)

Depends on its purpose and where you're drinking from it.

A thermos?   Sure.  But you'll find that a thermos is heavier to lug around and won't hold as much liquid because of the insulation.   You also want to be careful not to drop a thermos because the internal glass is breakable.